Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My One Goal...

I don't make resolutions. Too much pressure. I make goals and try to meet them. The one thing that rang loud and clear to me the morning of January 1st was Romans 8:1 "There is now NO CONDEMNATION...."!! I have spent much of my life in this battle with the Lord as He tries very hard to convince me that no matter what I do, I am never again condemned. Convicted maybe, but never condemned. The accuser on the other hand whom is the father of all lies also tries very hard to make me think that is not the truth. Grace is a hard thing to understand and an even harder thing to accept at times. Grace is not earned. If that were the case, it would not be called grace for the very meaning of it is to receive "unmerited divine assistance". It is a gift but to receive a gift you have to first accept it. I have always seemed to live in the bondage of if I don't do this or I must do this for God to stay happy with me or for Him to bless me or protect me. AANNHH!! Wrongo! This year I am determined to believe what the Bible says about me and for me and earnestly begin to rest in His arms and listen to what He has been trying to tell me all along. That I am wonderfully and fearfully made and that I am not a slave to the law for I have been set free from the law which leads to death. That there is absolutely nothing that can separate me front His love and nothing can ever snatch me out of the palm of His hand. So, if I read the Bible today or if I don't, He will still love me. If I mess up 35 times, He will still love me. If I pray today or if I don't, I am still covered under the Blood. If I think a bad thought or if I am just plain ill, He will not leave me. Now does that give me the right to not read the Word, to not pray, to be ill if I want to? NO!!!!! Not by any means, because I know that even though I am covered I will still not progress or feel at peace or have that closeness that I need with Him if I unplug from my only life source. But it does mean that if I slip or even if on a particular day I just do it on purpose as awful as that may seem, His view of me never changes. Yes, I may have to get my chops busted with a little "I guess you know why we are here" discipline, but He will not hurt me or say "I've had enough of you. I'm done. Fend for yourself". He is not up there sitting on His throne with gavel in hand just waiting for me to mess up so He can bring the hammer down on my head. What kind of God would that be?!! He will constantly guide me back home because unless you have walked on water you will constantly need that guiding. So, this is my one goal. To walk out from under that heavy wait of guilt and condemnation that the enemy has so loved to keep me bound with. I am going to believe that God just truly wants me to live in joy and try my best to do what is right but to know that if I don't, His love is still there, His arms are still there, His guidance is still there, and I will always be accepted in the Beloved and I will always be under grace. It's time to have some fun and worry none!! So much to think about but nothing to worry about. So, ladies come along with me on this journey of believing that God is in love with us and that will never change and let's begin to live life because life is a verb...a very big verb!!! And remember, the enemy is your accuser but he is not and never will be your judge! Only God has that authority...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Fantastic post and full of truth. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Tea with Tiffany said...

YES, no condemnation. I want to live in HIS joy and praise HIS name every day no matter what.


This is a great one goal. God will no doubt bless your desire as I know it's His heart.

Kathy Schwanke said...

Yes, I love this! It has taken a long time for me to understand/wrap my mind around grace and to understand why I was so prone to struggle w/ condemnation...der, self-reliance! I am eternally grateful for God's kindness and patience!

No I have never heard of the book you suggested. I will have to look it up. I am currently being fed by books by Bob Sorge. Have you read his? And always Tozer.

Glad we have crossed bloggy paths!

Rachel said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Let's all start believing more and more each day!

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers