Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Music is everything...

A blog with Rachel made me really sit think about the subject of music this morning. She stated that she was a music lover and I can tell by all the different kinds of sounds she has on her playlist. It is interesting to take a look each day at her playlist and see what new she has on there and what she has playing first as you open her blog. Since she is such a lover of music I am going to use her as a wonderful example this morning. When I click on her playlist, the first thing I can tell is what kind of mood she is probably in as anyone who clicks on my blog can tell about me as well. It is funny how you can tell so much about someone's mood, what kind of day they are having, and even what their personality is like by what music they have in their heart and on their radios(or I-pods these days...lol). Just like today she must be grateful, just plain grateful. She must be in a mood to be on her knees thanking Him for just who He is and what He has done for her and continues to do for her. Overwhelmingly thankful for the blessing of her beautiful healthy children and her adoring husband and for friends who love her and for a church she feels she belongs in and where she is welcome. Grateful for the very air she was given this morning to breathe once again this morning and for another day that she gets to praise Him and gets to grow even more in love with Him. And so grateful for the woman she is becoming molded into more and more each day and less the woman she was. Well, today I am in that same mood for I could not be more grateful for His love and mercy in my life that is making something out of me that I never thought could be and today I pray that He wraps his big warm arms around us both. Music is everything. There has always been music even before there was a world. There has always been praise. The enemy was the greatest worship leader of all time before pride took over and he was kicked to this earth to dwell. So, there is evidence of praise even before man took his first breath. The heavens were full of the sound of unfiltered, unadulterated, unlimited praise... Only when we get there too will we truly know what our praise sounded like to Him here and only then will we know just how powerful it was for the victory of war in our lives. More and more everyday not only do I find that He is more worthy of my praise than I can even fathom the reasons for but also that praise is a mighty weapon that wins battles and slays giants. Music and the sound of praise makes the angels stand at attention and the enemy flee. There is nothing sweeter to Him than a heart given in complete surrender as it humbles itself to sing a love song to its Creator. I can never remember a time when music was not a great part of my life. It is all I have had at times, my praise. And so many times the enemy has tried to rob me of my song and at times he has, but my soul still sang without me. It sang when I couldn't. Praise is absolutely everything and music is the air I breathe sometimes. You can tell a lot about a person by the songs they sing and you can tell a lot about the reason why they sing at all, the reason for their praise. Your praise will not be the same as mine or anyone else's because only you know the reason why you sing. Only you know why you offer up praise to Him because only you and He were there when the night was dark and long and He pulled you through and only you and He know the reason for your joy beyond anyone else's understanding. There is a special song that is yours and yours alone and even though you can sing with a congregation full of people singing also, still only you know your heart of praise. Rachel is a praiser. It is evident in her blogs and in her music choices, and it is evident she is on her knees more than most pouring out her love on Him and just so Rachel knows, He absolutely loves her praise. It is a sweet aroma to Him. It ministers to Him and He never wants her to stop. He stops all of heaven when He hears her and He grins and says "shhhh, quiet and listen, it's Rachel!". Don't ever stop. I hope I never stop either. Even when there is no sound, no music, I pray I still sing anyway. I pray I still find myself on my face lavishing Him with all the praise He is worthy of. Yes, music is everything. Praise is everything....He is worthy...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks. I do love music and I do love to praise God, but I am nothing special. I am a drop in the ocean of fellow worshippers. But I know that doesn't make God any less pleased to hear it.

I've had love affairs with lots of different music of the years, not all of which was pleasing to God.

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers