Thursday, September 18, 2008

You Won't Relent...

I'm sitting here listening to the song "You Won't Relent" with tears running down my face as I am reminded just how much You love me. So much that You are jealous for my heart. So much that you will not relent until you have every single part of me. Every ounce, the good the bad and the ugly, every part. Even the parts others have rejected and wounded and bruised. Even the parts of me that have inflicted the wounds and bruises. You want it all. I guess it is only when You have all the pieces that You can begin to put them all back together...Take all the pieces...
And even when I do relent, you still don't. You still seek me out and You pant for me as much as I pant for You. Your thirst for me is even more than my thirst for You. I can't imagine this great love that You have for me. Someone so messed up but yet so perfect in Your eyes. Someone others gave up on, but still You loved me. Someone who has caused hurt more than she has caused love, yet You do not relent. I sit here in this house full of people and yet I just want to steal away with You. I miss You right this very minute till I ache. I want to find out why you won't relent in Your pursuit of me. What is it that You see in me that no one else does and that I myself cannot see? Do You see a beauty I cannot see? Do you see past my flaws, past my mistakes, past my broken trail of tears and destruction? Do you see a vessel worthy of use by You? What do You see, My Lord? What do You see? Why do You stay and fix my brokenness when no one else sees the reason to try? Why do You extend grace when I deserve no mercy? I want to see what You see. And I want to give You what you are seeking for from me. Tell me Daddy what You desire of me. It is Your's... And with my last ounce I will praise You...You are more worthy than I can even comprehend and it is all I have to give You in return for what You have given me. I pray it is sweet to You. I love you, my Lord and my Savior, and I will serve You until I can serve You no more... Thank You for being jealous for me...Thank you that Your opinion of me doesn't ride on man's opinion...Thank you for loving me...Thank you for never relenting...Thank you for everything... Come and consume me until You and I are one...I pray that is Your desire...You are literally my everything...the very air I breathe...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks. I discovered after looking her up that she was a singer for Christ for the Nations. I actually already have Beloved and The More I Seek You, only labeled as Christ for the Nations. They are two of my very favorite songs.

thanks

Rachel said...

Thank you! You have a wonderful day, too! I really have appreciated your words. And it's always good to know we're not alone because it can often feel that way in the middle of a struggle. As far as me having a "good handle" on things...that depends on the moment. :) I do love my God though and I'll continue to write as He leads me.

Have a great weekend!

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers