Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Bless America...

I haven't said so much about the election in the months prior to last night but this morning I feel it is my responsibility as an American to at least reflect a few of my views on the outcome. Yes, I voted for McCain and yes I was a supporter of Sarah Palin. My political and moral views were more consistent with theirs in that I do not in any way shape or form agree with abortion(though I need to say that I hate the sin and not the sinner) and I believe that we as Americans need an economic break. God is the only one who has the right to say when the silver cord to a life is cut. Not man. Not law. God., and that America needs a break from the oppression of a hard working class of citizens who daily meet with the grind of low paying jobs and even higher paid taxes. BUT this morning on November 5th 2008 Barack Obama became the President-elect of the United States of America. At the same time this morning I and my family became subject to his leadership. He became our authority. God speaks much in His word about being submissive to the ones who lord over us. He talks much of the respect that we are to give to the ones He has appointed over us and the dangers of not being obedient to this precept. As my children were on the way to school this morning and knowing the landslide of comments and bashing of America's choice they would face today because not everyone will agree, I warned them gently of the consequences of disrespect. I told them not to get into a political or moral argument, just to say that the choice had been made and change the subject. We have to be very careful to remember that the word says that God appoints all men into positions of authority and leadership. All!! He appointed Saul. He appointed Hitler(hang with me here, I'm going somewhere). Neither men were "bad" when they began. They let pride and free will overtake them and they "became" bad. I have read(Elijah List) where it was prophesied that God said that it would in the beginning look one way when it was really another and that He Himself would turn the head of the one whom He appointed into office and change his heart towards Him. Let's take courage in that this morning. God can turn the head of a King in any way He chooses. I think that when God does as He says, He will get much glory from it. God is still in control today just as much as He was yesterday. He is still on His throne and there is no threat of His dethronement, ever. He sees what we cannot. He understands beyond our understanding. He knows the future for He has already been there. Have no fear this morning for God has left no one hanging out to dry. He by no means has. He is teaching us to trust His decisions. He is teaching us to pray for our leaders and our nation more than ever and put our own agenda aside. He saw something in Obama that He knew only he could carry out for this nation and we need to trust His divine wisdom. He knew the outcome of this race before we did and He was not at all caught off guard or surprised. He is not in Heaven running around frantically trying to figure out what He is going to do now to fix the voter's choice. I'm sure He didn't see a need to fix anything. He is calm. He is cool. He is collected. He is God, He is sovereign and He knows what He is doing. Now, today no matter what my opinion is, no matter what I think, feel, or hear, I must believe that God is doing exactly what He needs to do for America. My responsibility is not to bash Obama, not to go around complaining all day because I didn't get my way, and it is not to give my views to everyone I see. I don't know all there is to know about this man, but God does. It is my responsibility as a child of the only true King to lift the man placed in authority up in prayer, lift my nation up in prayer, exalt the decision of the all wise God, rejoice with all African Americans in the nation today because it is a monumental moment in history for them, rejoice in the fact that God has great things in store for America and that He never fails His seed, never. It IS my responsibility though to submit willingly to the authority that has been placed in my life and in my country and to give respect where respect is due to my leadership. United we stand, divided we fall. If we do not stand with him and give him support in the next days, months, years, then he will have a very difficult time doing the job he has been promoted to do. I pray today that God begins to do a work in President Obama and those in leadership in Congress and the White House of wisdom and discernment and compassion that will show His greatness like this nation and its people have never seen before and God will receive all the glory and honor, not man. I will rejoice because we are the red, white, and blue, we are a great nation, we are free, and we are and forever will be one nation under God...May God Bless America...

11 comments:

Brittnie said...

Hey Nicole,

I didn't think that your post sounded harsh at all. No need to apologize. I feel the same as you. I'm not sure all that God is up to with our new president, but we absolutely know He has got it all under control.

Brittnie

Rachel said...

i didn't take it harshly. :)

God is in control!

Our weather is gorgeous right now!! It's been a little warmer than usual, but I have really enjoyed out fall so far.

Hope you have a great day, too!

Rachel said...

I've lived in MI most of my life. I lived in Tennessee for 3 years, but I barely remember cause I was so young. I like the winters for a while, but usually by February, I'm pretty sick of it and ready for Spring. But all in all, I enjoy each season. Having the differ so much helps me appreciate each one more. But I do get sick of winter come Feb.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Truth! He is calm, cool and collected. And in total control. We can't see HIS reasons. But we can continue to pray and cry out for the healing of our hearts and our land.

Excellent post!

I received it with the heart you wrote it in.

achildoftheking said...

Nicole... I love how you stated that. I couldn't have said it better myself. Praise the LORD GOD Almighty!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

yes, may God bless us, please!! thanks!! Love, Leigh

Kristen said...

God does have His plan... and He sets our governments to lord over us. I will pray along with you dear sister for our country.

Hearts are broken today because of the outcome of our election. But God is still ruling on His throne! Hallelujah!

Sarah said...

Great post! Even though he wasn't my pick, I am looking forward to seeing how the Lord uses Obama over the next four years.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to meet you, too!

Maria Cristina said...

mind-blowing post, sweetest Nicole! GOD IS SOVEREIGN AND IN CONTROL! may He, in His infinite wisdom and might, bless the American people and their new president-elect Barack Obama.


with TONS AND TONS of love! i'm sooo proud of you and your blog - it has grown by leaps and bounds! wooo-hoo!!!
mariacris!!!!!

God's Girl said...

I totally agree! We are to trust the Lord with His plans and submit to what the Lord is allowing and to do so with words and deeds.

I believe we are so close to His return and we should keep our eyes focused on reaching the lost (keep the main thing, the main thing).

Thanks for the encouragement to bridle our tongues and to watch our complaing --- we are to give thanks for ALL things.

Wow! Convicting. In a good way!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hey Nicole,

Forgot to say I love your new design. It's easier for me to see your words.

I have my music player on a "shuffle" so you must have got Elliot this time around. I love ALL types of music. Except the dark stuff like screamo. Music ministers to me. I feel it in my soul deep down. What would we do without song?

I am VERY thankful to know you. I already love your heart and passion for Him.

I say "sing, sista."

Hugs from Colorado Springs.
Tiffany

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers