Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Faith is Blind...

God has really been dealing with me on believing just how big He really is. He has been dealing with me on faith. Faith in Him. Faith in His Word and His ability to perform it. His ability to bring forth to pass what He has already established. A treasured friend of mine, Pam Tisdale, who the Lord has been speaking to on the subject of faith for her monthly women's meeting put it like this today. Faith is blind. Faith is believing in something we cannot see. Faith is loving the one who is leading. Faith is trusting the one who is leading. Faith is a seeing eye dog. Let me explain. When a blind person is given a seeing eye dog it is no small process of just saying "here is your dog, now you and it walk". They have to be paired with each other. Their personalities cannot clash. They have to form a bond, an intimate relationship, a trust with each other. Then they have to practice with each other, getting to know each other, knowing each others thoughts before they are ever expressed. Then and only then can they go and walk. The dog must go through extensive training to be a seeing eye helper. By the time he is released from training, he knows more than the blind person, in essence, and now all that is needed is the bond I spoke of before. The dog has got to know the owner trusts him and the owner has got to know that the dog will not let him or her fall and will not lead them into danger. So, they go out into the busy streets and towns working in harmony together like a well oiled machine. The dog leads the blind person around every obstacle and every hindrance that would cause them to stumble and if it is not possible to go a round, the dog will wait until the owner can carefully step over to safety(can we just pause and calmly think of that for a minute, SELAH!). Just like the blind man, we have got to form a relationship of trust with the One leading us that He will not cause us to stumble and He will keep us from falling and will not lead us into danger. And just like the Seeing eye dog, God will lead us around every obstacle in our path, keep us from danger, and get us to our destination. He has been well trained. He is God. He knows more about leading us than we do. The blind person cannot see their dog. They can only feel him. He must trust in something that he cannot see, only feel. We may not be able to see God but we can feel Him. We must trust that He has a job and He knows what He is doing. Now in the beginning is there never a time that the blind man does not stumble or get a little scratched up? No. I'm sure there are a few bumps and bruises but they are all worth it for the freedom that comes with practicing and trusting. They are not confined to one room. They have freedom to live, to explore, to be independent. They still have limitations in that they still must have faith in the dog to lead them, but that is okay because my friend Pam also said that when she was talking with Lord on faith she said "Lord, if we could just see how big You are, to be absolutely confident in who You are and who we are in You, then the enemy would be like an ant to us and we would never have to be bothered by him, we could just step on him and walk on" and the Lord answered her with this "yes, but then there would be no need for faith". Hummmm. What a profound revelation. Just like the blind must still trust in the dog for their freedom, so must we still have to trust in Him for ours. We must trust. We must believe in just how big He really is but we must also remember that without Him, there is no freedom and no need for faith, in essence no need for Him. We must always need Him. Faith is blind but what comes from it is beyond priceless. As my friend Tiffany(teawithtiffany.blogpsot.com) put it and I am paraphrasing, "just because you cannot see the mountain for the snow doesn't mean it isn't there and in the same way, just because you can't see Him doesn't mean He is not there. The mountain will not move and neither will He". He is leading you around every obstacle, steering you from danger, telling you the way you should go, and when you face an obstacle that seems impossible to get around and you must go over instead He is patiently waiting till you get your footing to cross and He will not let you ultimately fall. I know you can hear the horns blowing and the noise of the crowd, but never fear, it doesn't shake Him. He is not shaken or deterred. And He will lead you to your final destination. Trust Him to. Proverbs 3:5-6.... Faith is blind...but He is and forever will be God...and His eyes see what ours cannot...look through His...

5 comments:

Shanita Waters said...

Thank you... and it is written, the just shall live by faith.
Continue to walk by faith and not by sight.

Blessings!
Shanita

Julie said...

Blind faith sure is hard sometimes, isn't it?

I can't tell you how many times I talk to Him about that "unseen" faith....

I am thankful that He is patient and willing to take me into those moments of finding Him amidst the things I cannot see..

Thanks for sharing your heart!
Hugs,
Julie

Rachel said...

Thanks. I am feeling a bit better today. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better yet!

I pray I never feel like I don't need Him! I am nothing without Him!

Just To Praise Him... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tea with Tiffany said...

This makes me want to shout and sing and dance! It's true. Oh, so true!

I've been saying all week about how walking by faith is not walking by sight.

For we cannot see tomorrow, we can only see the next step. Walking by faith doesn't look like the world. We can't figure it all out. It's sometimes not logical. It's different. I see it as walking or driving in the fog to the destination God has in mind. It's hard and long road, but once the fog clears and we can see. And our eyes and heart and mind rejoice.

We will never regret those steps we took in our blindness. For together we arrive at the place He was trying to get us to go to all along. To freedom, where the land of milk and honey flow!

Great thoughts here to add to what I've already been thinking and hearing. I will always need a seeing EYE!

Thank you,
Tiffany

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers