Monday, November 10, 2008

There in Hawaii!!!...and they deserve it!

Well, at about 9:00pm eastern standard time my Pastor and his wife will be landing in Hawaii for a 10 day vacation. It was a gift from everyone in the church for them last year at Pastor's Appreciation Day to celebrate the 10th anniversary since the founding of GCM(hence, the "10" day trip). Can I just say "THEY DESERVE IT"!!!!! I have seen them go through so much for so long and take it all in stride, from losing a baby named Noah to the latest trial of Isaac in the hospital not knowing what the diagnosis was. I have watched them under fire from tongues that needed to be tamed for they meant nothing but harm and I have also seen their hearts hurt from the tongues of well-meaning sheep as well which can sometimes be the most painful. I have watched them dodge the enemy's fiery darts and attacks and push through holding God's hand during it all, never complaining, never turning their backs on God. My Pastor's wife said to we ladies the other night how grateful she was for this getaway with Pastor all to herself for 10 glorious days far away from the rest of the world. I know that probably sounds selfish of her but not really in my opinion because she also stated how incredibly tiring and draining it can get on a Pastor and his wife and family's spirit and life, physically as well. She loves us very much. Pastor does too. It shows in every little thing they do, but they deserve a break just like the rest of us. As hard as it is for some to believe, they really are human. Those of us who are not under that kind of pressure can only imagine what it must be like. As she said, "to be a Pastor's wife is a wonderful honor but also and awesome responsibility that shouldn't be taken lightly. It can also be a place where you are constantly under the microscope. Especially the wife being that she is a woman. And when you are constantly under the microscope with some people, it is like they put you in this box that says because of your title you cannot fall, you can only act perfectly, say all the right things, and if you don't then you must not be holy enough. They expect you to be perfect and it is just not possible, so you have to finally make up your mind that you can only try to do the best you can, be happy and content with the woman God made you to be and the woman He is making you to be, and just love with all your heart the best that you can knowing that God is pleased with your efforts". Try that for a decade or two and see if a break would be a welcome. Tough skin would be a good commodity. Now, is she selfish? Well, in a way, I hope she is just a little bit because if she is not, then she will never get the break she deserves. She needs time for God to be able to restore and renew and get her strength and focus back. I hope as soon as she got on that plane this morning at 5:40am she forgot all about church and people and problems at least for the next ten days. I hope the only things they took with them were bathing suits, towels, and flip flops and I hope they leave on the beach of an island every stress and problem and are healthy, refreshed, and ready to go again. I hope they have the time of their lives. And for all you Pastor's wives out their tonight, I have a feeling you can relate to this post. I hope you all get the same break that you so deserve. My hat is off to you! The rest of us can only begin to imagine your daily life... Unless we wear your shoes, I don't think it could be possible to understand... I am glad God graces you to do it all...

4 comments:

God's Girl said...

Wow... what an amazing gift your congregation gave to them. I pray that they have a wonderful time relaxing and being renewed.

Thank you for your insight into the life of your pastor and his wife. It is a life that few people really understand.

Your post blessed me and encouraged me. Thank you my friend.

Rachel said...

Thank you, Nicole

Tea with Tiffany said...

This is amazing. I've never heard of a church blessing a pastor and his wife in this way!

Love this and your heart for your church home.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Nicole,

Thank you for both of your comments. I loved reading a little bit more about you and what God is doing in you. I believe it's good and I see His beauty. Keep seeking His face, He will not fail you.

I hope your day is full of Him in every way!

Hugs,
Tiffany

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers