Monday, November 3, 2008

I Can See!!!

Job said(paraphrased)"I have known of You, but now my eyes can see You!" What a wonderful sentiment of the heart from a wearied soul. He had to go through so much to have so much taken out of him so that he could finally see the God he had been talking of all this time. Can you exalt someone you do not truly know? Can you worship an unknown? Can you speak words of praise about someone whom you don't have a relationship with? Can you sing when you don't even know the song? No, and God knew Job knew of this great God he so faithfully served but yet he did not KNOW the God he served. And so many things were in the way of him truly coming to know Him. Pride, fear, wealth, flesh...sound familiar? Well, it sounds too familiar to me. So many times I have given this great God lip service even though I didn't truly know Him. My heart wanted to. My spirit man has longed to since forever but things just got in the way, people got in the way, selfish ambition got in the way... So, God let me slip. I didn't say fall, I said slip. He had to show this ol' hard head what was what. I can relate in some small way to Job in that it took God moving away to show me I needed to draw near. Sometimes when you think you have nothing to lose, He will show you that you have everything in the world to lose. And now my eyes can see!! I have never seen so clearly. I have never felt so free. I have never felt so in love. And I have never felt so humbled and so strong at the same time. My God, you knew what it would take. You knew. Now I can see You, Lord. Now, we can fall in love again... You were jealous for me and You meant that relenting was not an option until You obtained all of me, my complete devotion, and my entire focus... I have wasted so much time trying to be who I thought I was supposed to be for You, for everyone else. It was all a sly diversion of the enemy. Not now, for I have seen myself through Your eyes, and for the first time, I like, no I love what I see and for the first time no one or nothing can ever take what I have seen away from me. I can now envision what You have had in store for my life all along. My destiny was never remotely what I thought nor what You had in mind. Your purpose for my breathing was always there and who I really was in You was there as well. It was just hidden behind lies and deceptions. What a beautiful God You are! Thank You that now I can see!!! I give You all the glory and I thank You for showing me the truth... Thank You for everything... I love You and I cannot wait to worship You in spirit and in truth...really in spirit and in truth....You never relented, You never will...thank You...

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Awe... this blesses my heart! I don't know the details of what God is doing but I rejoice with you for what the Lord has shown you.

Thank you for sharing your heart!

Julie said...

Your heart is so precious....He delights in you. You are His treasured possession. I can see Him running to grab you up in His embrace.

Loved your heart shared here!
Julie

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers