Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Man Rocks!!!

My kids hate this picture...lol


A match made in Heaven...aaahhhh....




Is not a fan of the camera...

Real man... and a Clemson Tiger fan to boot!!!


Okay, I haven't bragged on my man in awhile so I thought I would take a few minutes today and tell you just how blessed I am. Every woman at church wants to know if either he has a brother or if he is clonable....lol. Not so much because he is that gorgeous though I have to say he is hitting the gym like never before and is beginning to hulk up pretty good, but because he is such a dream to live with. His Dad taught him and his brother well. If we ever had dinner at his parent's house, his mom would never lift a finger to clean up afterwards. His dad would say "okay boys, let's get to it" and off they would go to take care of the chores. His dad would serve his mom with so much tender care and so much love. He was very attentive to her needs. But his mom didn't do every little thing for them either. She taught them how to take care of themselves and how to cook, clean, and have respect. They are both passed away from cancer now, his mom died first in Sept of 2003 and his dad died in Sept of 2005. I say he grieved himself to death. I have no doubt it was because of those lessons learned from watching his daddy with his mom and his mom's teaching him that helped him become the man he is today and then when Chris added Jesus into the mix...look out!!! He is forever doing things for me. He absolutely is a man's man. A full fledge guy, but yet he loves to cook like nothing else. He does most of the cooking at home and at church but only because he really enjoys cooking very very much. He always has my plate fixed whether it be breakfast, dinner, or supper. He always brings it to me and then when I am done he comes and takes it from me. He helps tremendously with the housework whenever he is needed and insists on taking the tough jobs on himself. I have no idea why he does these things. I have tried to stop him and help him but he insists that he loves to do it for me. A hunk, a servant, cook, house cleaner, awesome daddy....I am very blessed. Not to mention he would give the shirt off of his back to anyone. He is the most selfless person I have ever known. He is known by many as the jack of all trades because he knows how to do such a variety of things. I don't know if there is anything he is not good at but the best part about him is that he is not territorial and if he knows someone can do it better, he backs off and lets them have free reign and if he doesn't know how to do something he is not to proud or stubborn to ask someone to teach him. He is always forever giving to others and helping others in need. I have never been more blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, compassionate(yes, he cries at movies), and strong, and beautifully handsome man that his given his heart and life to God and the service of others not expecting anything in return or any of the glory. If he sounds too good to be true, I can promise you he does have his weak points, he can lose his temper, and he can be very impatient. He can also be a real man or should I say male at times too. But no matter wha,t he is my man and I cannot thank God enough for allowing me the honor of being his wife, the mother of his children, and to serve him is my privilege. I pray we live a long and blessed life together and just get better and better as time goes on... And today I just wanted to give him some flowers of praise while he is still alive and not after he is gone from this world as we should do all those we care about in our lives. We should never wait to pin roses until after they are gone. They need to know we admire them today. Let me hear some things about your man. Brag on him a little bit! I am sure you think your sweetie pie rocks too!!




5 comments:

God's Girl said...

Absolutely awesome post! You go girl sharing about your man of God! What a servant he is.

I'll come back and share more later. : )

Rachel said...

My weekend was very relaxing and nice. I was bummed to see it come to an end already. But after my morning run with Becky and some time with God, Monday's already looking better.

I, too, have a wonderful husband and adore him and he hears it often.

Just To Praise Him... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanita Waters said...

That is SO sweet. I love this idea and I know my hubby would absolutely love it if he clicked on my page and found a full article about him. That's a great idea. Be blessed!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing your man with us. I've enjoyed every sentence. Learning more about your husband and his talents, his heart. I appreciate you taking the time to be his cheerleader here on this blog. It reminds me I need to do the same with mine. Our guys need our support, our respect.

My husband has always worked out and he's a big muscle guy too. That's a huge stress reliever for him and he's teaching our 15 yr. son to work his body and become strong. Always good to tend to our temple.

Loved this post!

And especially love our friendship.

Thank you for leaving your light on. I can see it from Colorado Springs!

Hugs,
Tiffany

I'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU...

Hey there!! Grab a cup of tea with me and let's talk about it... God is way too big to keep Him to ourselves and life is way too hard to hold it all in so pull up a seat, or sit on the floor, or just sprawl out anywhere.... I'm all ears....and so is your Daddy God....come on over and kick your shoes off...I'll leave the light on for you and have a hot cup of tea waiting...Nicole...

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Jesus is everything to me!! Yep, that about sums it all up! I'd like to say my passion is praising Him till I drop but I guess that is not only my passion, it is my whole life!! Just to praise Him...I can't even brush my teeth without Him and don't want to! God has given me the most awesome privelege of raising three of the most challenging but amazing creatures I know...two girls, one boy. The biggest blessing of all is my absolute lover of my life on earth...the most handsome and wonderful man in the world...my husband...I may not always please my God, but I sure hope He likes my trying to. I just pray that when I meet Him face to face not only will I be able to hear "well done my good and faithful servant" but also "she did all she could". Sit down and talk awhile with me. I'm just a messed up girl on her way, but I'm God's wonderful mess. Aren't we all?!! Now, let's praise Him like no one is lookin'! He's so worth it!!

My Praise


Followers